Monday, March 09, 2009

About as random as it gets

Work brings with it not only a sense of worth and accomplishment, but also a nagging sense of burden and weariness. Arriving home you rest your shoulders, but know it's fewers hours to rest than the hours you spent in occupation, wage earning, for those of us fortunate enough to reside in that category.

It's at this point that for the fifth time of the day I notice the constant replaying of the song, "I Hate this Part" by the singularly talented Pussycat Dolls. Singularly talented, because although there is like 6 of them there is only one singer. I find it comical how blatantly obvious this is and how little they try to hide it. The other five are reduced to posing models and at best back up dancers. They're lucky if they get more than a blurry silhouette in the frame of the music videos while the lead (I have no idea who she is and am not shameless enough to do the wickipedia research required to learn her name) remains the only pussycat doll in focus.

The cursory glances I've had of the supporting cast convinces me they are all aesthetically talented women which is fine by me. Companies have been using beautiful women to advertise their products for eternity. Why not add five beautiful women regardless of musical ability to one gorgeously talented voice who also happens to be a fucking hot babe? Plus, pussycat dolls sounds so much better plural. This way you've always got the chance of bagging the "back up singers." If I were ever in a position to hit on one of the members of the group (let's hope it doesn't involve anything comparable to stalking) I would totally play on their insecurities. I imagine it would go something like this:

Me: (Speaking to "pretty face in the background girl #2" after passing by the hotter, talented one) You know she has an incredible voice, I love her music. (referring to the talented one)

Pretty Face in the background girl #2 (#2): You know we all sing?

Me: Yea, but she really stands out; she's really talented. I think with some luck she might make it.

#2: ...um, We've already had a bunch of hit songs you know.

Me: No, sorry I didn't mean make it in fame. I meant actually make it as an artist.

#2: Well what do you think of me.

Me: Listen, I don't care if everyone in the group thinks you've got less musical talent than that Asian guy from American Idol; I'd still hook up with you.

#2: Really? You would?

Me: Yea, why not? (Passionate lovemaking follows)

And scene. It's that easy; once you've convinced a girl she's all but worthless by complimenting everyone but her she's all but yours. Please note this works especially well on anorexic chicks. If this post doesn't send me to hell there is no hell. By the way for all parties concerned when I hit on women it's because I like their "personality"...that is the thing below their back and above their legs right?

1 comment:

abi scholz said...

my "personality" is out of control, holla.

also, i thought i had two followers, and i got excited, but then it was just you, twice. but thanks for the support.